Saturday, December 22, 2018

New Westerns Column Posted at Classic Movie Hub

I'm happy to share the news that my latest Western Roundup column was posted today at Classic Movie Hub.

My new piece is on a trio of lesser-known Wyatt Earp films, FRONTIER MARSHAL (1939), TOMBSTONE: THE TOWN TOO TOUGH TO DIE (1942), and WICHITA (1955). The movies star Randolph Scott, Richard Dix, and Joel McCrea, respectively.

Please visit the Classic Movie Hub site to check it out!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read and comment on my Western Roundup columns. I really enjoy writing them, and I'm delighted to know so many of you have enjoyed reading them!

Previous Classic Movie Hub Western Roundup Column Links: June 2018; July 2018; August 2018; September 2018; October 2018; November 2018.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

What a great Christmas present from you to us, Laura! I'll be reading your new piece over Christmas (as the grandkids allow) and commenting as time permits. Earp was played by 3 of my absolute favourite western actors in these three films. So I look forward to 'diving in'.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Jerry! I appreciate you taking the time to read it and am so glad I could write about your favorite actors! Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:24 AM  
Blogger barrylane said...

I agree with Jerry about Wichita being a gem. Fine review, Laura of a picture that surprised me in every detail. Even the song was fine, and I have been in Wichita. It is, as Tex sings, a very nice town. A treasure. Bluray would be ideal.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Walter S. said...

Laura, another fine write-up. It stirs my memories of other Wyatt Earp/Doc Holliday loosely based movies. Keep up the good writing.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Barrylane! Wichita is such a lovely movie -- wouldn't it be special on Blu-ray?

Thank you, Walter! There are so many interesting Earp and Earp-inspired films, it's a subgenre unto itself! These are definitely just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older