Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Character Actor Charles Lane Dies at 102

I think my first awareness of the great Mr. Lane was from his many appearances on BEWITCHED -- 8 episodes!

Lane's career stretched from 1931 to 2006 -- how many actors can claim a career lasting 75 years?! -- totaling 338 film and TV entries on IMDb, plus a few more random entries such as a TODAY show appearance.

An actor who contributed so much to so very many film and TV memories.

(Hat tip: L.A. Observed.)

Update: The obituary from The New York Times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

What a career- What a life!!

My husband just reminded me he was Potter's rent collector in Capra's It's a Wonderful Life.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Wow! One item I read stated he was one of the few survivors still alive from the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

I love the characters he played especially on I Love Lucy and I remember very clearly the episode he did on the Andy Griffith show.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older