Wednesday, June 03, 2009

New Book: Down Home With the Neelys

Pat and Gina Neely's DOWN HOME WITH THE NEELYS: A SOUTHERN FAMILY COOKBOOK was recently released.

I enjoy their show on Food Network. They seem like nice people and have some interesting recipes and grilling suggestions. And I love their kitchen -- the show is filmed at their home -- and dishware. :)

USA Today ran a nice story on the Neelys today.

You can read more at Publisher's Weekly.

This recipe from the cookbook looks like a winner for those of us who love limes!

2 Comments:

Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

I love how much they incorporate family into the show and cooking. Being from the south, I relate to them and Paula Dean so much, and the family angle. In the south, any home cooked meal with the family beats the pants off a 5 star restaurant.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's one of the things I like too, J.C. I enjoy learning about their backgrounds and family. The impression I have from the show and the USA Today article is that they have worked hard to get to where they are now. They seem like good people.

Best wishes,
Laura

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older