Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Reason to Love Julie and Julia

My girls were so inspired by seeing JULIE AND JULIA this weekend that when they got home they pulled out my Julia Child cookbooks and planned a meal for this evening.

Rather than using MASTERING THE ART OF FRENCH COOKING, which can be a bit intimidating for relative beginners, they chose recipes from Child's THE WAY TO COOK.

THE WAY TO COOK has step-by-step instructions, illustrated with "how to" photos, which makes things simple.

Their menu included Sauteed Chicken with Braised Pearl Onions and Diced Potatoes. They even learned how to clarify butter before browning the chicken in it.


Isn't it beautiful? It was a wonderful meal!

Tuesday Update: The L.A. Times reports sales of Child's books are soaring, as movie viewers follow up viewing the film by heading to bookstores to buy her books. As I write, MASTERING THE ART OF FRENCH COOKING is No. 1 at Amazon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

When are they coming to cook at my house?

I must say the only thing the movie encouraged me to attempt cooking is a poached egg...never cooked or eaten a poached egg that I remember. Now, if I only had time. ;-)

Missy http://www.missyisms.com

10:12 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Glad you saw the movie, Missy...what did you think of it?

Best wishes,
Laura

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older