Friday, November 06, 2009

DVD Price War!

Recently Amazon and Wal-Mart have been having a price war on some books; as I noted here, that has led to bestsellers such as Sarah Palin's upcoming autobiography selling at Amazon for just $9.00.

Late last night I read Wal-Mart was slashing the prices of popular DVDs for the upcoming Christmas season down to just $10.00.

I just logged into Amazon and discovered that the price of JULIE AND JULIA, due out on December 8th, had dropped from $17.99 to $10.00. I placed my order!

The single-disc editions of STAR TREK, HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE, and NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN have also dropped to $10.

I didn't buy those as the versions on my children's Christmas lists are the two-disc Special Editions which include a digital copy. The prices for those editions did drop today as well. If you only want the single-disc edition, $10 for a new movie is a great deal.

The single-disc version of UP, due out on Tuesday, is currently $15.99 on Amazon. (Saturday Update: It's now down to $14.99.)

Target is also expected to participate in the price war.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Nice! Will have to do some ordering as soon as I finish some work.

Missy http://www.missyisms.com

1:28 PM  
Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I really love deals and I haunt Amazon for sales, but this price war really sickens me and I'm not going participate in it. I just don't like what it represents! Luckily the books & dvds I buy aren't on the best seller lists anyways.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older