Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Books: Rod Taylor, Gilmore Girls

I came across a couple interesting titles while perusing the Bear Manor Media site. Given the subject matter, I'll be looking into these more closely.

First up is ROD TAYLOR: AN AUSSIE IN HOLLYWOOD, a new biography by Steven Vagg.

I've become a Taylor fan over the past couple years, after seeing him in films like SUNDAY IN NEW YORK (1963), and I'd like to learn more about him.

Another interesting find: THE GILMORE GIRLS COMPANION by A.S. Berman, due out next month.

The book has a website and a blog.

Given that GILMORE GIRLS is one of my all-time favorite TV series -- some of you may recall that our dog is named Luke! -- I'm looking forward to checking out this book as well. It will include a complete episode guide.

On this topic, for those who are fellow GILMORE fans, I recommend a book of essays on the show, COFFEE AT LUKE'S, edited by Jennifer Crusie.

8 Comments:

Blogger DKoren said...

Ooh, I want to check out the Rod Taylor book! He's been a favorite since I was little. The Time Machine was a family movie favorite. I loved catching him in other movies. I remember watching that tv series Masquerade, just because he was in it.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I picked up Taylor's TV series THE OREGON TRAIL in the last Deep Discount sale because I liked the idea of watching him in a Western. :) Haven't seen THE TIME MACHINE yet, I'll watch for it.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:18 AM  
Blogger DKoren said...

Hm, I should look into that series too. Sounds like something I'd really love. He guest starred in an episode of Cheyenne that I really liked.

9:32 AM  
Blogger SimpleGifts said...

Oh, how I miss the GILMORE GIRLS! Perhaps these books can help ease my yearning. I know I can always count on you, Laura, for good tips.
Thanks! Jane

11:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for the nice compliment, Jane! Always nice to hear from a fellow GILMORE fan, too.

I hope you enjoy the books!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:21 PM  
Blogger AS Berman said...

Thank you for your mention of The Gilmore Girls Companion, Laura. It will indeed include a complete episode guide, as well as behind-the-scenes info on the making of the series, based on 40 interviews with cast and crew.

(And for the record, I haven't a dog, but a cat called Max after Max Medina ;-)

Best wishes,
Aaron

6:10 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by, Aaron! What fun you named your cat Max. :) Looking forward to checking out your book!

Best wishes,
Laura

1:24 PM  
Blogger AS Berman said...

Thanks, Laura. I wish our Max was as well-behaved as Max Medina -- he's more of a Jess type!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older