Friday, February 04, 2011

Today at Disney's California Adventure: Blue Sky Cellar

We didn't make it to Disneyland during the busy (and rainy!) month of January, but we spent a few wonderful hours at the park this afternoon and evening.

Before heading to Disneyland, we popped into California Adventure to check out the brand-new exhibits in the Blue Sky Cellar.

There's construction going on all over DCA. A replica of the Carthay Circle, which hosted the premiere of SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS, will be part of the new entrance area:


Here's a view of Cars Land construction from the terrace outside the Blue Sky Cellar, with a handy map, showing how the finished area will look when completed.



I really love the new attraction posters for Paradise Pier:




Designs for the new entrance plaza and Paradise Pier restaurants (click to enlarge):



The Little Mermaid's coming soon!



This animated map showing how the remodeled park will look is absolutely marvelous:


I've had my eye on this WED Imagineering mug for a couple years now...I'm crazy about it. Anyone happen to know how to obtain one? :)


Coming soon: A post (or two) on today's visit to Disneyland.

Update: Today at Disneyland: Sunset.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I like the art glass for the Little Mermaid!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I'm hoping to get to the Parks next Saturday (I want to see the Chinese New Year event for Family Fun Days). I haven't been to Blue Sky Cellar yet with the new exhibits and want to see that. Regarding the WED mug. I have a friend who is an Imagineer (his latest project was on The Dream). His two boys (both now in college) were in my First Grade class. I'll send his wife a message on Facebook and see if there is a way to get that mug :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Irene, whatever happens, thanks so much for offering to try! I love everything about that mug -- the shape, the logo design, the coolness of the WED name, etc. :)

Another friend found a link for one on eBay, but the opening bid price combined with shipping is rather astronomical for a mug...

Thanks again!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older