Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Preview of 14th Annual Noir City Film Festival

The 14th Annual Noir City Film Festival returns to Hollywood's Egyptian Theatre from April 20th through May 6th, 2012.

The Egyptian and the Film Noir Foundation have announced the festival's first half dozen titles:

OKAY, AMERICA! (1932) starring Lew Ayres, Maureen O'Sullivan, Louis Calhern, and Edward Arnold

AFRAID TO TALK (MERRY-GO-ROUND) (1932) starring Eric Linden, Louis Calhern, and Edward Arnold

THREE STRANGERS (1946) starring Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, and Geraldine Fitzgerald

THE GREAT GATSBY (1949) starring Alan Ladd, Betty Field, Macdonald Carey, and Ruth Hussey

NAKED ALIBI (1954) starring Sterling Hayden, Gloria Grahame, and Gene Barry

SLAUGHTER ON TENTH AVENUE (1957) starring Richard Egan, Jan Sterling, Dan Duryea, Julie Adams, Charles McGraw, and Walter Matthau

The Film Noir Foundation's Eddie Muller and Alan K. Rode return as the festival's hosts.

I'll post the complete list of titles as soon as it's available. Can't wait to return to Noir City next month!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Every year I say I'm going to make it to this festival, and every year I don't. Maybe this year will be the one - I'm already eyeing some titles!

Are you going to be at the TCM Festival this year?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've been to the Noir City Festival the last two years -- last year I attended 7 double bills! -- and it is a fantastic experience. Highly recommended. Eddie and Alan are great hosts and the prints are gorgeous.

Won't be at the TCM Festival -- just too expensive for our family, even if just a couple of us went, and too hard to buy single-event tickets since we drive up from Orange Co. (they're only sold at each screening, in person -- *if* any tickets are left). Fortunately, by virtue of living in Southern California, I've had other opportunities to see some of the same films and celebrities!

Best wishes,
Laura

3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As much as you write about and support TCM, it might be worth applying for a media credential. You 're right, it is spendy; I'd never be able to afford it without a media pass. It would only get one of you in, though. :/ Still. Deadline's tomorrow.

I'm definitely going to try and make some of Noir City this year. I love noir, but the timing and pricing has never worked out right. Plus, parking at the Egyptian is a pain. :/

12:10 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the suggestion! It's something to think about for the future, if not this year. Hadn't really occurred to me, but it wouldn't hurt to try. :)

It's a bit spendy in its own way, but after my first couple times at the Egyptian, when I parked at the Hollywood & Highland Center, I started parking in the $10 lot right behind the theater. I typically arrive early enough there are always spots and you can't beat the simplicity -- plus it's much better securitywise if I attend a screening on my own.

Best wishes,
Laura

1:56 PM  
Blogger Belasco said...

This will be my fourth or fifth year attending this wonder film fest! Thanks for posting some of the movie listings, you're the only one I've found that's had any scoop on what the schedule is this year. Last year's was amazing!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older