Friday, May 31, 2013

Today at Disneyland: Mickey and the Magical Map

Hooray for Friday! It was great to reach the end of the week and enjoy time with friends this afternoon at Disneyland.


As much as I love Disneyland at Christmas, I think I love it most in the summer.


The traditional summer flags and bunting are up on Main Street. Those decorations automatically make me think of long, carefree summer days, my favorite time of year.


We saw the new program MICKEY AND THE MAGICAL MAP, which has been well received by some critics.


It's wonderful to have a musical show playing once more in the Fantasyland Theatre, after an absence of several years.


I'm not sure I really "got" the plot, such as it was -- for instance, why were Mulan and Rapunzel in the Pocahontas "West" segment? -- but I enjoyed the presentation, including some very precise and personable dancing, and especially the music.


The show is sort of a variation on FANTASMIC!, a pastiche of Disney moments and music under the umbrella of Sorceror Mickey "exploring."


Hoping to visit the resort again soon and see the BEAUTY AND THE BEAST show in Fantasy Faire, as well as the MONSTERS UNIVERSITY student union at California Adventure. The Pixar Play Parade at DCA also has a new MONSTERS UNIVERSITY float.

I loved seeing the original MONSTERS, INC., last December and am really looking forward to MONSTERS UNIVERSITY (2013), which opens June 21st.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. I've not seen it yet. I am hearing from my friends that have and they have a similar reaction as you - not much of a story but enjoyable. Some of them liken it to World of Color where you get snippets of Disney and Pixar movies.

I'm guessing you've read on MiceAge that Disney is going to start charging for a Christmas Party similar to Halloween Time. No more fireworks, snow and Christmas parade for those of us who don't want to pay extra!

And speaking of paying - heard via MousePlanet on Facebook last night the rumor is that Disneyland Resort will raise their prices June 2 or 3. Now the question is, by how much! That will be the deciding factor for me. I may have to go down the totem pole on which Pass I buy. Sigh.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older