Saturday, May 22, 2021

Back From the Road!

I'm back from a wonderful road trip!


We visited three states, five hotels, one national park, three cemeteries, a zoo, a museum, the Las Vegas Strip, and a whole lotta movie locations.

Here's a sample movie location, from ANGEL AND THE BADMAN (1947):


This shot of John Wayne was filmed at Coffee Pot Rock in Sedona, Arizona.


We also visited significant locations for DESERT FURY (1947) in Cottonwood, Arizona, and WESTWARD THE WOMEN (1951) in Kanab, Utah.

I'll have much more on our trip here in the future, with special attention to the many movie-related aspects. Coming up first, though, a new Around the Blogosphere This Week roundup with lots of newsy links!


My photos from Kanab, including Parry Lodge and a WESTWARD THE WOMEN location, may be found in my June 2021 Western RoundUp column at Classic Movie Hub.


3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

A fabulous road trip, Laura! Can't wait to read more......

12:26 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

I was enjoying your updates and photos on your Twitter page! Reminds me of the trip my husband and I took several years ago where we drove through Nevada, Arizona and Utah (continuing on to the west over to Oregon). Beautiful country!!! We have friends who moved to Utah just outside Zion a few years ago and we were able to stop and visit with them in their beautiful, large new home.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Jerry, looking forward to sharing!

I appreciate you following along, Irene! So glad you were able to make a similar journey. So many beautiful places to see out that way!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older