Thursday, August 30, 2007

Big Changes Coming to Disney's CA Adventure

One of the most interesting stories in the new update at MiceAge concerns plans to import the wonderful Mickey's Philharmagic attraction from Florida's Magic Kingdom.

Al Lutz also details exciting plans to renovate the Hyperion Theater and otherwise make over DCA.

A Wonderful World of Color show is coming to Paradise Pier Lagoon, most likely in 2009.

I'm rather fond of DCA's "wild mouse" coaster, Mulholland Madness, despite it being an "off the shelf" coaster, and I really like Pizza Oom Mow Mow, which has great surfer theming. Both are slated to be replaced. However, the concept of a RATATOUILLE roller coaster in that area sounds great...

And I love that they're going to get rid of the Golden Dreams movie and use the building as an exit for a LITTLE MERMAID ride!

Over at Disneyland, a new People Mover is said to be in the works to open by the end of the decade...yay!

There's lots more exciting news...Disney theme park fans should be sure to Read the Whole Thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I am very excited for the plans for DCA. A few weeks ago I went with the goal of spending a full day there - opening to closing. I have to confess that I had a hard time filling the day. By 5 PM I was rather bored. It was not as much fun spending the day there alone as it was at Disneyland.

I too am happy the Golden Dreams is going away but not sad about Mulholland Madness. That ride is way too jerky and made me ill the one time I rode it. I will miss the Muppets 3D which Mickey's Philarmagic will replace. I am a huge Muppets fan and was so happy when we got that out here.

And, yes! Bring on the People Mover!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older