Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blunt Nominated for Golden Globe for The Young Victoria

Excellent news today: Emily Blunt has been nominated for the Golden Globe as Best Actress for THE YOUNG VICTORIA.

I don't put a great deal of stock in the Golden Globes, but I think the news is terrific because it will give the film a nice publicity boost. Publicity is welcome given that at one point it wasn't sure the movie would even receive a release in the United States! The awards ceremony will be held on January 17th.

Today's USA Today has an article on the film, which opens in the United States later this week.

Previously: Tonight's Movie: The Young Victoria (2009); Tonight's Movie (Revisited): The Young Victoria (2009).

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

It seems odd that she's been nominated and yet the film hasn't even shown in the U.S. yet. It has a limited release starting soon, but no word that I can see on a general release.

Missy http://www.missyisms.com

1:13 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Sure hope it's playing near me. I'll be checking the listings later this week.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Clara Fercovic said...

Loved the movie, it's so sweet, and has the best proposal scene I've ever seen. Blunt is really a great actress and she has played so many different/memorable characters. I hope she wins.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older