Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peter Graves Has Died, Age 83

Sad news this evening: Actor Peter Graves has passed on at the age of 83.

Graves was known for a variety of accomplishments: starring in the classic TV series MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE; appearing in films such as STALAG 17 and AIRPLANE!; and serving as the host and narrator of the long-running documentary series BIOGRAPHY.

Graves was the younger brother of actor James Arness. Two of the BIOGRAPHY episodes I have enjoyed the most were the biographies of Graves and Arness, in which they each spoke about their childhood, military service, and early years in Hollywood.

Mr. Graves and his wife celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary last December.

Bob Thomas's obituary for the AP is here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I was sad to hear that Peter Graves passed. He was in The Night of the Hunter (1955) (yr?) too!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I haven't seen NIGHT OF THE HUNTER yet -- you're right about the year. :)

Another Graves film with a good reputation is WICHITA (1955). Plus John Ford's THE LONG GRAY LINE (1955). 1955 was a busy year for Graves!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:56 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

WOW! I didn't know the two actors were brothers. Never watched Peter Graves, but it's always sad when another legend passes.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

So good to hear from you, Mrs. HH! I have been trouble leaving a comment on your blog (I think because I don't have an account for the provider?) but have wanted you to know I have been pulling for you during your recent health challenges.
You are in my prayers!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older