Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Book: Myrna Loy: The Only Good Girl in Hollywood

Here's an interesting upcoming title I came across today: MYRNA LOY: THE ONLY GOOD GIRL IN HOLLYWOOD by Emily Leider.

It's due out in October 2011 from the University of California Press.

I'm not familiar with the author, but reputable film historians such as Leonard Maltin and Anthony Slide have offered positive cover blurbs, so this looks like a very promising book. (Although I'm a bit mystified by the hyperbolic subtitle...maybe there's a good reason for it.) Given the endorsements by Maltin and Slide, I'm expecting this will be a good book to add to my shelf alongside Lawrence J. Quirk's THE FILMS OF MYRNA LOY (a 1980 Citadel) and Loy's autobiography BEING AND BECOMING.

The author's website is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff Aliperti said...

Nice catch! Affordable enough to pretty much be an automatic buy.

Those are four major endorsements there. I love Loy's voice in Being and Becoming, probably my favorite Hollywood autobiography, it'll be fantastic if this is even half as good.

Can't wait!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older