Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Great Film Directors Stamps: Capra, Huston

Earlier this month it was announced that John Ford would be honored with a postage stamp as part of a new series titled Great Film Directors.

Since then it has been announced that Frank Capra and John Huston will also be honored in the series.

I think the Capra stamp is terrific and like every aspect of it.

I feel the portrait of Huston could be better, but I love THE MALTESE FALCON being represented in the background.

The fourth and final director in the series has not yet been named. William Wyler strikes me as the obvious choice for the final director. Alfred Hitchcock was honored with a stamp a number of years ago.

Previews of all 2012 stamps announced to date can be seen at Beyond the Perf.

Related posts on John Huston: Upcoming Biographies and Memoirs; From My Collection: John Huston.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Cool! I'm guessing the next stamp will be Billy Wilder.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's a good guess, too, Tom! Will be fun to find out who it is. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older