Wednesday, November 06, 2013

TCM Launches Watch TCM Streaming

Turner Classic Movies made an exciting announcement today, introducing a streaming and "on demand" viewing service called Watch TCM.

Watch TCM is available as an app for Apple and Android mobile devices, and it's also available as a desktop page online. In order to enjoy Watch TCM, your cable or satellite service provider must carry the channel.

Watch TCM provides live streaming of whatever is currently airing on TCM, as well as a special delayed "West Coast feed" which runs three hours behind the live TCM feed.

In addition to the two live streams, there are many "On Demand" movies which will be available for one week after airing on TCM. There's a "watchlist" so the films can be put in a queue to watch later.

There's also a two-month advance schedule and the ability to have TCM send alerts when certain titles or movies featuring favorite actors become available on demand.

The mobile version also includes links to several well-known classic film blogs, image galleries, and more.

Visit this informative TCM page for additional details; there's also a video introduction with Ben Mankiewicz.

Update: Will McKinley has lots more at Cinematically Insane, including a discussion of which cable and satellite providers carry TCM.

November 11th Update: TCM has now issued an official press release describing Watch TCM.

6 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Strictly for the USA only, unfortunately...

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Laura. Does your provider support the app?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's a shame, Mel -- maybe an international app will be in the future?!

Will, I appreciated the additional details in your post such as going over the service provider issue. I have Verizon FIos so I'm good! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:33 PM  
Blogger Waves of Gray said...

This is terrible! I'm already not very productive at home, and since the new app works with my provider (Cox), I'll now also get less work done while I'm away from home! But seriously, thank you for posting the news. I'm sure I'll be using the app a lot.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Does TMC offer online streaming live Netflix?

8:58 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know what you mean, Waves of Gray -- since I do a lot of work on my computer it will be tempting to peek and see what's going on on TCM. It's easier to ignore my TV, LOL.

Judy, there's no relationship I'm aware of between TCM and Netflix.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older