Friday, July 25, 2014

Today at Disney California Adventure: Summer Morning

I went out to Disney California Adventure early this beautiful summer morning to enjoy the park for a few hours.


I started out with breakfast at Flo's V8 Cafe while enjoying the view of Radiator Springs Racers. I then took a quick ride via the fast-moving single rider line. I don't think I will ever get tired of this ride!


Nor do I think I'll ever get tired of Cars Land. It's simply magical.


I rode on Mickey's Fun Wheel with a homeschooling family whose daughter will be a freshman at the University of Oregon this fall, where my younger daughter will be a sophomore. We had a lovely chat!


My husband has our camera with him on his annual trip to San Diego Comic Con, so I took the iPad I recently received for my birthday along to California Adventure and experimented with its camera. I was very happy with the results! All the photos in this post were taken on the iPad.

Below are iPad photographs of a few more favorite places around the park:






It's quite hot here this week so I left for home around 1:00. I didn't go home empty-handed, however!

I stopped in at the WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney, where I added an It's a Small World mug to my collection. It's a good thing I'll be able to add a couple of shelves to my mug cupboards in the near future!


I was surprised to find MARC DAVIS: WALT DISNEY'S RENAISSANCE MAN on sale at the Off the Page store in California Adventure, as Amazon has indicated it won't be on sale until October.


I also enjoyed spending some birthday money on a SLEEPING BEAUTY book which has been on my wish list, ONCE UPON A DREAM: FROM PERRAULT'S SLEEPING BEAUTY TO DISNEY'S MALEFICENT.

This has been a fantastic year for Disney coffee table books. THE ART OF THE DISNEY GOLDEN BOOKS is one of my all-time favorite Disney books, and I also love MAGIC COLOR FLAIR: THE WORLD OF MARY BLAIR. I'm very much looking forward to DISNEY DURING WORLD WAR II this fall!

Wishing all my readers a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I have taken a few photos with my Kindle Fire HD something and have been very impressed with the quality. Yes, right now morning would be the best time to visit the Parks :)

7:44 PM  
Blogger mel said...

A belated happy birthday, Laura!

Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Mel, I appreciate that, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the photos! I had fun taking them. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

11:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene! Somehow I overlooked answering your note previously. Was very interested you took photos with your Kindle Fire -- my husband has the HD and it hadn't occurred to me it could be used for photos but that makes sense given it has a camera for Skype and so on!

Looking forward to visiting again soon, hopefully on a day that's a little cooler!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older