Saturday, December 15, 2018

Quick Preview of TCM in February

Last week Turner Classic Movies posted a preview of the February schedule.

Since February is traditionally 31 Days of Oscar month, the first three days of the March schedule were published as well.

As usual, there are many good films airing in February, while the down side is that there isn't much variety in the schedule year to year, since only Oscar-nominated films are shown.

My personal opinion is that after all these years I'd like to see TCM try something new in February, but I highly doubt they'll follow my suggestion! That said, it's a great month for newer film buffs to become acquainted with classics, and it's also a nice time for the rest of us to revisit old favorites.

I'll have a closer look at the February schedule posted here at the end of January.

In the meantime, Dick Powell continues as the December Star of the Month, with Kathryn Grayson coming in January.

Update: For more on TCM in February 2018, please visit TCM in February: 31 Days of Oscar Highlights.

2 Comments:

Blogger ross said...

I seem to be one of the few who really enjoys 31 Days Of Oscar every year. I just like to know there will usually be some of the best films and performances on, that month. Of course I guess tcm could obtain more Oscar winners from other studios (like 20th Century-Fox or Universal), to give it more variety from year to year. But I really don't mind. In fact, I'm not really as much of a fan of Summer Under The Stars (which most people seem to love) as I am of 31 Days Of Oscar. I'm not always interested in discovering new films (though I am) or in seeing two-star films, sometimes I want to see the well-known, four-star classics, and the Oscar-nominees and winners.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for your comment, Ross! I imagine many people must feel as you do, perhaps that's part of the reason TCM keeps using the same format every February!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older