Sunday, April 14, 2019

Happy Silver Anniversary to Turner Classic Movies

April 14th, 2019, marks the 25th anniversary of Turner Classic Movies!


I was honored to be quoted in a celebratory piece written by my friend Aurora for her blog Once Upon a Screen. I encourage everyone to read it -- as you will see, I'm in some fine company! The thoughts shared by everyone in that post combine to explain quite beautifully why TCM is so important to so many of us.


Happy Anniversary, TCM, and here's to many more!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

Happily we get TCM here in the UK too and have done for most of that 25 years, I believe. That channel and more recently Talking Pictures TV are my go-to places for the best classic movies (and TV). Their success just shows that there is still a big audience for the movies from the classic era that are shunned mostly now by the mainstream channels here.
Congratulations TCM!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Jerry, I so agree! There are so many of us who love these movies! I'm glad the UK version of TCM exists!

Best wishes,
Laura

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older