Saturday, April 17, 2021

Lone Pine on the Western Movies Podcast

I'm happy to announce that my husband Doug and I are featured on the latest episode of the Western Movies podcast.

We talk all things Lone Pine with podcast host Cole Armin, aka Vincent, including the history of filming in Lone Pine, Westerns shot in the area, and the Lone Pine Film Festival.

The podcast is on YouTube and features numerous photos as well as an illustrated tour taking listeners on a trip from Hollywood to Lone Pine and then exploring some key film locations in the area.

It's our hope listeners will find the program enjoyable and informative and that perhaps it will also inspire some trips to one of our favorite places!

I also encourage my readers to check out additional Western Movies podcasts. Guests on previous episodes include Toby Roan of 50 Westerns From the 50s, discussing the film FLAMING STAR (1960), and John Knight, a longtime friend of this blog, on director Alfred L. Werker.

Our sincere thanks to Vincent for the invitation and being such a grand host.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Vincent (Western Movies) said...

Thank you Laura & Doug for this brilliant overview of Lone Pine. It was a great experience recording it ! Let's hope we'll meet at a future Lone Pine film festival !

You can also listen to the podcast on a few audio platforms (Apple podcast, Anchor) :
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tous-%C3%A0-louest-podcast-western-movies/id1541596243?uo=4
https://anchor.fm/westernmovies/episodes/Podcast-Western---Tous--lOuest-7---Lone-Pine-western-aventures-ev31kd

12:42 AM  
Blogger Vienna said...

I have just finished listening to your podcast. Thank you so much. I love hearing about Lone Pine. You are your husband are so knowledgeable.

1:50 AM  
Blogger mel said...

Thanks for the heads up, Laura - I'm looking forward to watching this!

2:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Vincent, thank you so much for sharing the links for additional audio platforms for the program! And thank you especially, once more, for hosting us.

Vienna, thank you so much for listening and for the kind words. I'm delighted you enjoyed it!!

Mel, you've very welcome, and we thank you in advance for listening!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:50 AM  
Blogger Walter S. said...

Laura and Doug, I just finished viewing and listening to your really fine podcast with Vincent(Cole Armin). I enjoyed it very much. You were very knowledgeable and informative about the magnificent Lone Pine country with your picturesque presentation. As a viewer and listener, you made me feel like I was there and learning from it. Thank you.

Also, I would like to thank Vincent(Cole Armin) for making these podcasts possible.

1:26 PM  
Blogger SimpleGifts said...

Hi,Laura and Doug -- What a terrific podcast! You are such delightful and informed Lone Pine guides! I hope you do more podcasts on other cinema subjects and share your amazing knowledge! All the best, Jane

5:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Walter, thank you so very much. Given your extensive knowledge of Westerns, if you learned some new things from the podcast that makes me feel really good! Vincent has a great series going, and I definitely look forward to hearing future episodes.

And while I'm at it, I want to acknowledge how much effort Vincent puts into not just the editing but providing subtitles for the listeners in his native France. Each episode is a big project!

Jane, thank you as well so much for the very kind words. We loved sharing about one of our favorite places and are truly delighted you enjoyed it!!

Best wishes,
Laura

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older