Saturday, February 10, 2024

Around the Blogosphere This Week

Miscellaneous bits of news and fun stuff from around the Internet...

...Toby Roan of 50 Westerns From the 50s and The Hannibal 8 has just published a brand-new book, ANOTHER RUN THROUGH THE GAUNTLET. As some might guess, it's about the 1977 Clint Eastwood film THE GAUNTLET. Toby shares more about the book at The Hannibal 8.

...In my mailbox today: The brand-new Blu-ray of Jacques Tourneur's CIRCLE OF DANGER (1951), previously mentioned here in a December roundup. I reviewed the movie, which stars Ray Milland, Patricia Roc, and Marius Goring, in 2012.  

...Last week I revisited NON-STOP (2014), starring Liam Neeson, for the first time since its initial release. How has a decade passed since then? Grand fun which I recommend.

...Coming next December from TCM and Running Press: FALLING IN LOVE AT THE MOVIES: ROM COMS FROM THE SCREWBALL ERA TO TODAY by Esther Zuckerman.

...At Comet Over Hollywood Jessica Pickens has reviewed Fred Astaire and Betty Hutton in LET'S DANCE (1950). LET'S DANCE was just released on Blu-ray by Kino Lorber Studio Classics. I'll have a review of it here soon!

...Thanks to my friend Vienna for recommending the Film Fanatic website. It's been around since 2006 so I was a little surprised I was unfamilar with it. I've spent some time perusing the reviews and will be checking it out further in the future.

...I'm deeply appreciative to CineSavant Glenn Erickson for recommending my blog in his column at Trailers From Hell. Regular readers know I read and share his reviews frequently, so his mention means all the more.

...And speaking of Glenn's reviews, be sure to check out his new piece on the Kino Lorber Blu-ray of HE WALKED BY NIGHT (1948). That's another film you'll see reviewed here soon!

...Jeff Arnold's West has a nice piece on "The Westerns of Dorothy Malone."

...Notable Passing: Stuntman Mickey Gilbert, who doubled for Robert Redford jumping off the cliff in BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID (1969), has passed on at 87.

...For additional recent links of interest to classic film fans, please visit my February 3rd column.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vienna said...

That’s kind of you, Laura , to give a shout out to the Film Fanatic blog. Years of posts to catch up on!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older