Monday, December 19, 2005

Sound of Music Memories

This article really struck a chord with me (no pun intended!), as I have so many memories connected with THE SOUND OF MUSIC myself. It was the second movie I ever saw; the first was MARY POPPINS, so when I was little I thought Julie Andrews was pretty amazing -- and still do.

I have many happy memories of seeing the movie at various stages of my life, including going to see it in movie theaters several times when it was reissued. Some of those theater visits were with my grandparents, who are no longer with us, so the memories are especially sweet. In turn I have loved sharing this extra-special film with my own children.

I treasure an autographed copy of FOREVER LIESL and am fortunate to own a number of other special SOUND OF MUSIC collectibles, including what is probably a rather unique collection of costume test stills of the children.

My SOUND OF MUSIC connection was rounded out by appearing in the nuns' chorus in two different stage productions when I was a teen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older