Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Cook's Book


I recently happened across this new cookbook and was instantly taken with its step-by-step "how to cook" photographs, depicting ways to do everything from carving to butterflying to kneading bread to chopping vegetables. The photography is so interesting that I think even a relatively indifferent cook might enjoy spending time perusing this book. When I had the opportunity to buy it at over 40% off this weekend, I couldn't resist.

I know I'm going to learn a great deal from this book in coming months. Along with Julia Child's THE WAY TO COOK and James Peterson's ESSENTIALS OF COOKING, I now have an excellent trio of books to guide me as I continue to work this year to further develop my cooking skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older