Sunday, January 08, 2006

Phantom Becomes B'way's Longest-Running Show

On Monday THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA sets a new record as Broadway's longest-running show, with 7,486 performances. PHANTOM will break the record set by CATS; both shows were composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

I was fortunate to see the original Phantom, Michael Crawford, several times in Los Angeles, along with the marvelous Dale Kristien as Christine.

To date I haven't seen the film -- nothing could compare with my memories!

2 Comments:

Blogger UGN said...

We saw the film in the theatre and just loved it. I have heard of some who didn't like it though and I am puzzled at that. I am the hardest person to impress with a film and this was awesome. You should see it. Oh, and I saw it on stage too. I liked the film better.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm so interested you liked the movie better than the stage production. Thanks for letting me know what you thought. I'll probably catch up with the movie at some point...

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older