Friday, February 10, 2006

Netflix: Limiting Unlimited DVDs?

An interesting article on Netflix, which seems to have a deliberate policy of sending its most frequent customers movies at a slower rate than it sends films to more occasional renters.

To date, I haven't tried Netflix, as I instead prefer to invest in building my own DVD library -- or borrow from my dad's extensive collection -- but I've been intrigued by their creative rental system and the idea of having a pre-set "queue" send me out movies as quickly as I return them. I've thought about trying it in future if I ever have more viewing time than my current schedule allows.

Though it's not likely I'd actually want to check out more than a movie a week, the "throttling" practices described make it sound a little less intriguing than it used to...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny that we were both thinking about this at the same time!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is a coincidence! Enjoyed reading your thoughts on this at your blog. :) TTYS! Laura

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older