Friday, September 29, 2006

Today at Disneyland

It was a hectic week for both homeschooling and my business -- hence the light blogging -- so we were all happy when Friday arrived and we had time to take a break for a few hours at our favorite place, Disneyland. Normally autumn Fridays are our favorite time of year to visit, as the park is uncrowded and the weather is nice.

This year, however, Disneyland decided to jump on the Halloween bandwagon (see articles at link and here) and went all out with pumpkin-themed decorating. Disneyland's "Halloween Time" began today, and it was quite crowded.


Some of the decorating was a bit overdone for my taste:


I enjoyed some of the more subdued touches:


The decorations were a fun change of pace but overall I think I prefer Disneyland's past traditional fall decorations, mainly consisting of gourds and pumpkins in Main Street windows...and the smaller crowds that went with them. :)

Saturday Update: Welcome to readers of Holy Coast.

More photos are above.

9 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Thanks for the pics on the decorations. I had been reading about this on MiceChat. If things go as planned, I may be getting an annual pass in a month or two. My daughter, who finally has a part time job :), wants to get one. So now that I would only have to pay for one, I can swing it. Maybe in the future we can meet up there sometime.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hope you are able to get that annual pass! It is such a treat to be able to visit regularly. Would be fun to meet up. :)

Best wishes, Laura

7:48 PM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

This time of year I always look forward to watching my very old VHS tape of "Disney's Halloween Treat" hosted by, of course, a pumpkin. I know it is mainly clips, but it was so well done and a part of my childhood. It is now tradition with my kids as well. Why oh why isn't it out on DVD? If, by any chance you happen to go again, let us know if by some miracle you see a DVD copy that Disney might have produced just to be sold in the parks. That's a long shot, but I was raised to believe in miracles.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'll certainly be glad to look for that program at Disneyland. I expect to return to the park in late October. I'm not familiar with that show -- sounds fun! Best wishes, Laura

8:50 PM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

TO find out more, read this review, from last year, of Halloween animated specials. It talks about Disney's Halloween Treat, which used to be the Wonderful World of Disney Episode the Sunday before Halloween. It was always something to look forward to.
Link:

11:32 AM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Sorry:
http://randomshelf.blogspot.com/2005/10/nothing-but-sincerity-as-far-as-eye.html

11:33 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks much for the review! I'll ask my husband if he remembers this one. Best wishes, Laura

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I love that massive, winking Mickey pumpkin! Overdone? Naw, classic Disney! (Now you're going to say that the massive sorcerer's hat at MGM is "too much"??) :)

Love the photos. Can definitely understand why you enjoyed Disneyland uncrowded in October, but it makes sense that Disneyland tries to capture some of the magic (and huge popularity) of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World with this new Halloween Time. Are there specially ticketed nighttime events associated with Halloween Time?

More Disneyland photos, please!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

"Are there specially ticketed nighttime events associated with Halloween Time?"

Hi!

DCA is having a trick or treat party which requires a special ticket, but not Disneyland's Halloween Time.

We didn't make it to Frontierland on our last visit so I hope to photograph and post some of the Big Thunder Ranch decorations later this month.

Laura :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older