Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New on DVD: The Errol Flynn Signature Collection, Vol. II

Today sees the release of the Errol Flynn Signature Collection, Vol. II.

Volume I, released in 2005, included THE SEA HAWK, several Flynn-DeHavilland movies, and a new documentary.

The titles in the new collection are THE ADVENTURES OF DON JUAN, DIVE BOMBER, GENTLEMAN JIM, THE DAWN PATROL, and THE CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE.

THE ADVENTURES OF DON JUAN has a commentary track with the great film historian Rudy Behlmer and director Vincent Sherman, who passed away last summer at the age of nearly 100.

There are numerous shorts and cartoons included in the set, including GIVE ME LIBERTY, a Technicolor short on Patrick Henry, and CALGARY STAMPEDE. A radio production of GENTLEMAN JIM with Flynn, Alexis Smith, and Ward Bond is also included.

4 Comments:

Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Check out the Shelf tomorrow- Flynn is naturally the Shelf pick of the week (and I'll be picking up my copy of the set tomorrow as well!) The first volume was one of the best sets of 2005 and I am very pleased to see Gentleman Jim and Charge of the Light Brigade as part of this new set.
By the way, the documentary was excellent in Vol. 1. Olivia deH. almost seemed to be blushing at times talking about Flynn.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'll be looking forward to your Roundup!! I haven't seen any of the Flynn films in this new set. I really enjoyed the previous set, including the documentary. I found DeHavilland's reminisces very touching.

My father is buying this one so I'll be seeing it sometime down the road...we try to split our purchases and share to save money. I just bought the Literary Classics set, and the Tyrone Power set is also on my buy list in a few weeks! :)

Best wishes, Laura

8:52 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

My kids are simply mad about Errol Flynn. The Sea Hawk is one of their faves. They'll be happy to hear about these two film collections.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Have your children read any of Sabatini's books yet? My daughter really got into THE SEA HAWK and his other books (CAPTAIN BLOOD, SCARAMOUCHE, etc.) as a young teen. She says they're not always very much like the movies, but they're very entertaining. I haven't read them yet myself.

Hope you all enjoy these new releases! Flynn is popular in our house as well. :)

Best wishes, Laura

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older