Sunday, April 08, 2007

The White House Easter Page

The White House has a lovely web page up marking the Easter holiday, including photos of Easter eggs sent to the White House by each state. I was unaware of that Easter egg tradition, which began in 1994, and enjoyed looking at the eggs. The California egg is lovely!

There is also a page on the history of the White House Egg Roll, which will be held on Easter Monday, April 9th.

President Bush's Easter message can be read here.

(Hat tip: Missyisms.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I had never heard of this either and then there was a brief story on the CBS Morning Show today and now your post!

In 2005 I took a tour back East with a friend the week after Easter and purchased two wooden eggs from that year's White House Easter Egg Roll at the White House gift store. Here is a link to a photo of them. I purchased the red (they call it pink) and blue one.

http://dc.metblogs.com/photos/egg.jpg

3:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very pretty -- what a wonderful souvenir!! Thanks for sharing that, I didn't know they made such souvenirs.

Laura

3:27 PM  
Blogger jau said...

I didn't either - and I'll be there in a few weeks. Now I know what to buy!

Thanks for all the links. I so wish all the nay-sayers would hear and acknowledge the good things this president does and says.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older