Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Farewell to George

Actor Tom Poston, best known as dense handyman George Utley on NEWHART, has passed away at age 85.

Poston was also a regular on MORK AND MINDY.

It's a sweet story that Poston and Newhart's longtime BOB NEWHART SHOW costar, Suzanne Pleshette, who had each been widowed, married in 2001.

Speaking of NEWHART, I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for it to be released on DVD? Click here for Amazon to notify you when it's available.

This has been a week for the passing of some significant TV personalities and actors from my childhood and young adult years, with the deaths of TONIGHT SHOW'S Tommy Newsom and Dabbs Greer, who played Reverend Alden on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I had no idea Poston and Pleshette had married. They seem like such an Odd Couple. How very sad that she is so soon widowed again. "Newhart" was a weekly staple in my childhood so I saw a lot of Poston and loved his "Newhart" persona.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

After my meltdown last week, I thought it best to stay away from the news this week.

I'm so sorry to hear about all three of them passing. Tom Poston was such a scream on Newhart and Tommy Newsom was so lovable whenever Doc Severinsen was away.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older