Saturday, July 28, 2007

New Movie: Enchanted (2007)

Last night we saw a trailer for a new Disney movie that looked like it had a good possibility of being fun.

The film combines animation and live action, as cartoon characters come to "life" in New York City. Among other things, the former cartoon characters have a tendency to burst into song at unexpected moments.

Amy Adams (Oscar nominee for JUNEBUG) plays the sweet, somewhat ditzy princess, and Patrick Dempsey ("McDreamy" of GREY'S ANATOMY) plays the real-world man who tries to help her.

James Marsden plays the animated prince come to life, while Susan Sarandon is a wicked witch. Paige O'Hara (the voice of Belle in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST) also has a role.

The film's narrator -- could the choice be any more perfect? -- is Julie Andrews.

The trailer can be seen online.

ENCHANTED will be released in November 2007.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I have seen the previews for this twice now at the theater. I agree that this looks like it will be good. I also know that Disney is hoping this will open the door back up for traditional animation. I sure hope so. I think there is room for both traditional and computer animation. I just wish the box office had been bigger for Pixar's Ratatouille. I think next summer's Wall-E looks good.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree about the traditional animation. One of the things I like about John Lasseter is that when he came to Disney he indicated he wanted to support traditional animation along with Pixar's style. Hope we will see more of it.

Haven't seen anything on Wall-E yet, I'll keep my eyes open!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:01 PM  
Blogger The Ramblin' Rat said...

I am soooo excited to see this movie. I saw some behind the scenes stuff on a Disney blog awhile back and I've been looking forward to it ever since.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older