Thursday, July 19, 2007

On Ann Romney and Candidates' Spouses

As regular readers know, I'm not a particular fan of Mitt Romney, finding his positions on several issues to have switched so recently in time that I'm uncertain which beliefs are genuine and which have been for political expediency, in order to run for either Massachusetts governor or President.

That said, I find Ann Romney a very classy lady. I enjoyed today's USA Today profile about Ann, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis nearly a decade ago. She faces the dual challenge of maintaining her health while dealing with the rigors of a Presidential campaign.

On the subject of candidates' spouses, I sometimes have the feeling that Elizabeth Edwards is taking such a high-profile role in her husband's campaign that it seems she's running for office herself.

Of course, I could say the same about Bill Clinton of late...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older