Thursday, October 02, 2008

Guts, Grace, and Smarts

Once again, the Presidential campaign is a whole new ballgame.

I'm not sure I've missed a Presidential or Vice Presidential debate since Ronald Reagan first ran for President, but I was so nervous about tonight's debate -- chiefly due to the completely unfair way Governor Palin has been caricatured by the mainstream media and liberals -- I wasn't sure I felt like watching the debate live. What with NBC calling the election for Obama today, likely voter fraud in Ohio, and more, I was feeling pretty dispirited, and it felt like way too much was at stake for one Vice Presidential debate.

However, I did watch the debate and my admiration for Governor Palin has only grown. With just five weeks in the national spotlight, she went toe to toe with someone who's been a Senator since she was a small child, and she didn't just hold her own, she trounced him. And she did it with charm and good humor.

I especially loved the way she spoke directly to the camera and to Americans. Her closing statement was perfect, including "I've always been proud to be an American." I have a feeling that she connected with "Main Street America" tonight in a very powerful way, especially as many "Main Street Americans" are doubtless heartily sick of Washington lawmakers this week.

As I wrote a month ago, and as Michelle Malkin wrote tonight, "Sarah Palin rocks!"

2 Comments:

Blogger KoffeeBean said...

I agree with you. I thought she did an amazing job!!!
D

4:57 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

She was so much more poised, confident and at ease than during the Couric/Gipson hit jobs. There were some hits and misses but overall, job well done.

(It made me laugh to see Biden look at her adoringly.) Heh.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older