Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In-N-Out Burger Celebrates Texas Openings

California's iconic In-N-Out Burger opened two restaurants in Texas today, greeted in some cases by tearfully joyous former Californians.

Thousands of Texans ate In-N-Out Burgers today, with seemingly endless lines at the two restaurants.

In-N-Out flew out "all-star" teams of longtime employees to help manage the crowds smoothly.

Five Guys may be nice, but I suspect the chain doesn't have the kind of loyalty which led folks to stand in line overnight, scores of cars to form drive-through lines, and former Californians who missed their Double Doubles to break into happy tears when reunited with their favorite burger chain.

May 13th Update: The original comments to this post were lost yesterday in the great Blogger crash of '11. Hopefully they'll be restored soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I really want to try In-N-Out burger but even the Texas location is too far from me. Carlos tells me it's the best burger he's ever eaten. We do have Five Guys around here but I think I might save myself for In-N-Out.

Thanks for the update!

8:05 AM  
Blogger DKoren said...

Wow, crazy! I admit to being a Californian with zero love for In-N-Out burgers. They have never tasted good to me; it's like their burgers have some weird seasoning on them or something. Or it's just me! But everyone else I know absolutely loves them. I still have to try Five Guys. I found the one in Redlands, so at least I know where they are now!

8:34 AM  
Blogger DorianTB said...

Laura, my hubby Vinnie and I can relate to your burger-related joy, because even as I write this, one of Vin's favorite burger joints, White Castle, is building a branch that's almost literally a hop, skip, and jump from our home! Pass the napkins! :-)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older