Saturday, February 25, 2012

Today at Disneyland: Sunny Saturday

It's been about a month since our last visit to Disneyland, so we headed out to the park for a few hours this morning. It's nice that our passes aren't blocked out on Saturdays at this time of the year!

We could actually use some more rain here this winter -- looks like we may get some next Monday -- but I was happy to enjoy a beautiful sunny February day in the park! The temp was in the high 60s today.

Here's the view from Town Square this morning:



After breakfast at the new Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, we headed over to New Orleans Square for the New Orleans Bayou Bash:


We enjoyed a jazz band...


...and then a vocal performance by Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen:



I really like Randy Newman's songs "Almost There" and "Down in New Orleans" from the PRINCESS AND THE FROG score.

There's another month or so to go, but it's starting to look like spring in the Market House:


I was sorry to learn of the recent passing of longtime New Orleans Square performer Ernie McLean. For over 30 years, he added a lot to the atmosphere of one of my favorite areas of the park, and he'll be missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger barrylane said...

Laura:

How and when did Disneyland happen for you...?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi! Not completely certain what you mean...if you're asking how I became interested in Disneyland,
I grew up here and have loved it my entire life, and my interest has been a natural tie-in with my lifelong love for classic films. MARY POPPINS, in fact, was the first film I ever saw in a theater.

Disneyland became an even more significant part of my life when I worked there for four years during college and met a fellow coworker who became my husband. :) So one might say we have Walt Disney to thank for 27 years of marriage and four children (grin). Disneyland provides a place where our entire family can enjoy spending time together, as they've continued to love it at every age. (And walking the park is also great exercise, LOL.) Hope this answers your question -- if not just let me know!

Best wishes,
Laura

12:41 PM  
Blogger barrylane said...

That's what I meant. Fun, and nice. Thank you.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older