Thursday, April 05, 2012

Quick Preview of TCM in June

Turner Classic Movies posted the online preview of its June schedule earlier this week, and since I've been buried in work projects the past few days, I'm very grateful to Ivan for letting me know the good news!

Rather than a Star of the Month, in June TCM will have a "theme" month focusing on teen idols. Films will be shown starring Elvis, Pat Boone, James Dean, Tab Hunter, Troy Donahue, Tommy Sands, Fabian, Bobby Darin, Ricky Nelson, and Davy Jones.

It's also apparent from the schedule that June will feature films focusing on immigrants. Tops on my list: King Vidor's AN AMERICAN ROMANCE (1944), starring Brian Donlevy and Ann Richards.

As a big Priscilla Lane fan, I'm especially pleased that she's being honored with an eight-film birthday tribute on June 12th.

Also among those receiving multi-film tributes in June: Alexis Smith, Rosalind Russell, Judy Garland, Henry Fonda, Basil Rathbone, Dorothy McGuire, Errol Flynn, Ida Lupino, Preston Sturges, Virginia McKenna, Bill Travers, and Dick Foran. Only on TCM will classic film fans find a birthday celebration for Dick Foran. No wonder I love TCM!

And coming next month: The May Star of the Month is Joel McCrea!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave Enkosky said...

I love Ida Lupino. I wish I had cable.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

wow! not only be in teen idol/ rock n roll heaven but, Dick Foran too! :D
thanks Laura!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

All those teen idols, and it's Donlevy that makes me giggle.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

My pleasure to share all this info!

Caftan Woman, we're agreed on that point. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older