Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Classic for February: Little Caesar (1931)

Earlier this month I watched SAFETY LAST! (1923), the first film on my list of 10 Classics to see for the first time in 2013.

Although that film is surprisingly hard to get ahold of, given its reputation, I was delighted that a couple of bloggers were able to respond to my invitation and join me in watching the movie and blogging about it; links to their terrific posts can be found at the bottom of my review.

This month I plan to watch LITTLE CAESAR, directed by Mervyn LeRoy and starring Edward G. Robinson and Douglas Fairbanks Jr., and I'd like to extend the same invitation: If you'd like to watch LITTLE CAESAR and blog about it any time in the month of February, send me the link and I'll add it to my post!

You can send me your link via a comment to this post, by email, or in the comments to my review, which will hopefully be posted around the middle of the month. In addition to including the links at the end of my post, I'll send out a Tweet each time I update the post with a new link.

LITTLE CAESAR is, happily, much easier to obtain than SAFETY LAST! For starters, it will be shown on Turner Classic Movies this Friday morning, February 1st, at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time/9:00 a.m. Eastern Time, so set those DVRs!

It's also available for purchase as a single-title DVD; the DVD is available for rental from either Netflix or ClassicFlix.

LITTLE CAESAR can also be rented to stream from Amazon Instant Video for $2.99.

Whether it's your first viewing or your 50th, I'd love to have you join me enjoying LITTLE CAESAR in February!

Update: My review of LITTLE CAESAR has now been posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older