Sunday, March 03, 2013

The Classic for March: Cat People (1942)

So far this year I've watched two films from my list of 10 Classics to see for the first time in 2013, SAFETY LAST! (1923) and LITTLE CAESAR (1931). I'm also doing well on my goal of spreading watching the films on the list more evenly throughout the year!

This month I plan to watch CAT PEOPLE (1942). CAT PEOPLE was directed by Jacques Tourneur and stars Simone Simon, Kent Smith, Jane Randolph, and Tom Conway.

As with the previous two films, if you'd like to join me watching CAT PEOPLE this month and blog about it any time in the month of March, just send me the link and I'll add it to my post!

You can share your link via a comment to this post, by email, or in the comments to my review, which will be posted sometime later this month. In addition to including the link at the end of my post, I'll Tweet each time I update the post with a new link.

It's a lot of fun to have other bloggers join in the discussion! There was also a very interesting discussion in the comments after I watched LITTLE CAESAR; it's great to have different people bring their unique insights to these classic films.

CAT PEOPLE is available on a relatively inexpensive "double feature" DVD, along with CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE (1944), or in the big Val Lewton Horror Collection boxed set.

The DVD can be rented from Netflix or ClassicFlix.

The movie can be rented for streaming from Amazon Instant Video.

It was also released on VHS.

Incidentally, I'll be taking the month of April off from watching a movie on the "10 Classics" list, as I expect to be very busy each weekend at the Noir City Hollywood and TCM Classic Film Festivals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older