Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Film Festival Coverage This Month at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings

An incredible month is ahead for classic film fans in Los Angeles, and I plan to provide extensive coverage here over the course of April.

I'll be attending opening night of the Noir City Hollywood Festival this Friday evening, as well as attending many subsequent Noir City screenings.  I plan to share screening reports and movie reviews, as I have in the past.

I'm also delighted to announce that I will be attending the 2013 TCM Classic Film Festival at the end of April as a credentialed member of the media. I'm very much looking forward to sharing all the TCM Fest excitement with my readers!

Southern Californians have even more great classic film options in April, including the opening of the three-month-long Burt Lancaster Centennial Festival at UCLA this Friday, and a two-night Tribute to Debbie Reynolds at the Egyptian Theatre starting April 4th.

This is a great time and a great place to be a classic film fan!

7 Comments:

Blogger Caftan Woman said...

Looking forward to experiencing the festivals through your eyes.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Look forward to your reports!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much! Wish you could be here to experience it firsthand too. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:10 AM  
Blogger LĂȘ said...

Oh, lady, how I envy you! I watch classic films only on TV and computer, and the local movie club isn't with a good classic lineup for a while.
Maybe I can put attending a TCM Film Festival in my bucket list?
Have fun! Kisses!

8:10 PM  
Blogger SimpleGifts said...

Hi, Laura - Bravo for becoming a credentialed member of the media. I'm so pleased that TCM recognizes the huge contribution that you and other classic film bloggers make to promoting TCM. I hope to attend the festival someday but in the meantime I'm looking forward to enjoying the festival through your eyes! Best, Jane

8:29 PM  
Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person Laura!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Leticia and Jane! I hope very much that each of you will have the chance to visit the festival in the future. In the meantime, I hope you'll be able to vicariously enjoy a bit of it via my posts later this month.

Jane, I think it's really wonderful that TCM recognizes the role of classic film bloggers in spreading news about TCM and the festival. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older