Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Coming Soon!

As readers might guess, it's been a very busy few days here getting ready to take time off for the TCM Classic Film Festival!

The fun actually began on Sunday, when my husband and I met up with Aurora and Annmarie, who arrived in town several days ahead of the festival. We spent a most enjoyable day touring Los Angeles, including dinner at El Cholo and attending the TCM screening of REAR WINDOW (1954) at the Universal CityWalk.

I hope to write about REAR WINDOW soon after the conclusion of the TCM Festival; seeing it on a big screen was a fantastic experience!

The festival officially gets underway for me tomorrow, with a busy schedule including the annual TCM press conference and a visit to the Warner Bros. backlot.

The movies will start rolling on Thursday evening; my top choices from this year's festival schedule can be found here.

I'm most excited to reconnect once more with all the online friends I've met in person at the last few festivals; I'll also be meeting some friends "in person" for the very first time, including my longtime pal Kristina!

Meanwhile, let's all send good thoughts and prayers to Robert Osborne, who will be greatly missed at this year's festival.

I'll have complete festival coverage here beginning next week, and in the meantime, you can follow me throughout the festival on Twitter! I'll be providing real-time coverage on the people, the places, and the movies which are part of the TCM Classic Film Festival.

In addition to extensive TCM Classic Film Festival coverage, in the near future I'll be writing posts on the Noir City Hollywood schedule; UCLA's fantastic William Wellman tribute; highlights from TCM's April schedule, along with a preview of TCM in June; a big Around the Blogosphere classic film link roundup; and I'll have reviews of more Warner Archive DVDs and several books, including two titles on THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965).

As the saying goes, stay tuned!

Update: The 2015 TCM Classic Film Festival in Review.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Let the games begin! Sitting here glued to the computer, with my popcorn.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older