Monday, June 22, 2015

RIP James Horner

A very great loss for the film industry today, with the tragic passing of composer James Horner in a plane crash. He was 61.

The Horner scores most special to me are FIELD OF DREAMS (1989) and APOLLO 13 (1995). Indeed, the launch sequence which Horner scored in APOLLO 13 is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time:



APOLLO 13 director Ron Howard wrote tonight: "Brilliant Composer James Horner, friend & collaborator on 7 movies has tragically died in a plane crash. My heart aches for his loved ones."

2 Comments:

Blogger David Lobosco said...

He was one of those artists I knew about but I always took for granted. I wish I wouldn't have.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for your thoughts, David. Horner added so much to movies over the years.

Best wishes,
Laura

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older