Thursday, September 28, 2017

Anne Jeffreys Dies at 94

Actress Anne Jeffreys has passed away at the age of 94.


Obituaries have been posted by sites including Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Broadway World.


I'm very glad I had the chance to see her in person at an event in 2014.

Last year I posted a detailed birthday tribute to Jeffreys, including numerous photos. I encourage my readers to visit that post today in her honor.


A week from tomorrow I'll be attending a screening of NEVADA (1944) at the Lone Pine Film Festival. The screening was planned in honor of Robert Mitchum's centennial, but for me seeing the movie will now also serve as a tribute to a wonderful actress.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

A very beautiful actress. I have especially fond memories of her starring role in 8 Republic westerns starring Wild Bill Elliott. The other co-star in each was the inimitable George 'Gabby' Hayes. She lit up the silver screen!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm looking forward to seeing her opposite Wild Bill at some point, Jerry! I sure loved her in films like DILLINGER, STEP BY STEP, and RIFFRAFF.

Best wishes,
Laura

11:07 AM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

Today I am saddened by the loss of a lovely connection to a era of films, and of a favourite daytime drama. Such class will be missed in our world.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Caftan Woman, it's fascinating how many excellent "Golden Age" actresses were associated with GENERAL HOSPITAL, isn't it? Anna Lee, Jeff Donnell, June Lockhart, and Anne Jeffreys, just for starters.

She was a marvelous woman!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older