Friday, September 08, 2017

Don Williams, RIP

Don Williams, one of my all-time favorite country singers, has passed away at the age of 78.


Williams, a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, had 17 number one hits over the course of his long career.

My favorite Williams song was "We've Got a Good Fire Going." Other Williams classics included "I Believe in You," "Good Ole Boys Like Me," "Amanda," "You're My Best Friend, "Say It Again," "Till the Rivers All Run Dry," "Miracles," "Love is on a Roll," and "That's the Thing About Love," to name just a few. I could easily name another dozen terrific songs.


Williams' beautiful music always made me feel better for having listened. He was one of a kind, and I'll always be grateful for the joy his music has added to my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Catherine said...

I love Don Williams' music too. He had such a melodic, calming style. Not to mention very good song choices. Some more favorites are "Come from the Heart," "A Handful Of Dust," and "Don't Stop Loving Me Now." This last one seems a little lesser known, but can be heard here in a music video for COME NEXT SPRING (1956): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWxSrlGCT-A

Yet another Country giant gone. R.I.P.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Maricatrin,

"Calming" is a good way to describe Williams songs. Besides pleasing tunes and his lovely vocal style, the lyrics were so often positive about the good things in life.

Thank you for the link! With that cast that's a movie I need to see. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older