Sunday, August 01, 2021

Photos From the Road: Zion National Park

Our May road trip included our first visit to spectacular Zion National Park.


The approach to the eastern park entrance:


A classic postcard-style view of the park entrance:


Shortly after entering the park we went through the 1.1-mile Zion-Mount Carmel Tunnel, which was completed in 1930.


The park website says that at the time it was completed, it was the longest tunnel of its type in the United States.


There are so many amazing views in the park that it's difficult to select just a couple to share! So here's a handful:








My husband went on a short climb to a scenic viewpoint.


The unsteady rocks and sharp dropoffs were a no-go for me (grin). Here's one of his shots of the hiking trail:


Worth his effort!


Our 48 hours at Zion also included a horseback ride for my husband, which he really enjoyed.

We stayed in Springdale, Utah, which is where Zion's southern entrance is located.

Our hotel, the Quality Inn at Zion Park, was transitioning away from being a Quality Inn at the time of our visit, so the lack of signs made finding it a bit confusing!


Other than the initial difficulty locating it, we really enjoyed our stay. The room was great, and we had one of these nice patios...


...with a gorgeous scenic view in the distance.



Related post: Photos From the Road: Utah Restaurants.

More road trip photos coming soon!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

Just stunning. My envy knows no bounds!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm so glad to know you enjoyed the photos, Jerry. I feel fortunate we were able to make this trip!

Best wishes,
Laura

4:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is my dream trip. Thanks for all the pictures, Laura. Jayne

5:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You're so welcome, Jayne! I hope you get to make the trip soon!

Best wishes,
Laura

5:58 PM  
Blogger DKoren said...

These are great photos -- so beautiful! I haven't been to Zion as an adult, but it's on my list! Thank you for sharing!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Deb! I'm sure you'd love it. So glad you enjoyed my photos!!

Best wishes,
Laura

6:08 PM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

Your photography is stunning.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much! I had great material to shoot. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older