Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Off to Palm Springs!

After over 18 months spent mostly close to home, I'm making up for lost time with not one but two film festivals this month.

Two weekends ago I attended the 31st Lone Pine Film Festival, and tomorrow I head to Palm Springs for the 21st edition of the Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival.

It's sure to be a great weekend, with a wonderful mix of films I've never seen and favorites I'd love to see again. I'm especially thrilled at the prospect of seeing Joan Bennett and James Mason in THE RECKLESS MOMENT (1949) on a big screen in 35mm.

Please follow my Twitter account for "as it happens" updates, or search Twitter for the hashtag #ArthurLyonsFilmNoirFestival.

When I'm back I'll have lots of coverage of both festivals, along with Blu-ray and book reviews. Looking ahead to the last weekend of the month, I'll also have a fresh news roundup and a look at TCM in November. I've also got a new Classic Movie Hub column in the works!

In the meantime, I have a couple of posts scheduled to run while I'm away, so please check back later in the week for new content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older