Tuesday, October 06, 2026

Eva Marie Saint Dies at 102

Alas, the time has come to say goodbye to the great Eva Marie Saint.


Saint has passed away today at the age of 102.



As I shared in my centennial birthday tribute, I was very fortunate to see her in person multiple times over the years, including on stage with Henry Fonda in THE FIRST MONDAY IN OCTOBER. I'm very grateful to have had those experiences; she was a delightful person in every way.


Eva Marie Saint had a wonderful long life, including not only a great career but a happy marriage and family. Still, it's never easy when one of the classic movie greats passes from the scene. I take comfort in knowing that her work will live on for as long as movies exist.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barry Lane said...

Cause of death?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

To my knowledge it wasn't stated, but I suspect "advanced age" probably covers it.

She will be missed!

Best wishes,
Laura

6:47 PM  
Blogger Walter S. said...

Laura, Eva Marie Saint is one of my favorite actresses, and she did have a great career in the entertainment business. I remember the first time I viewed this wonderfully talented and beautiful actress; it was in THAT CERTAIN FEELING(filmed 1955, released 1956) on the NBC TUESDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES in 1967. She was a delight and she got to show her comedy chops in this movie, which she rarely got to use. Saint had a long and successful 76-year career in the entertainment business(1946-2022) and we can continue to view her top-notch performances on whatever medium we have.

I think it's nice that you were able to see Eva Marie Saint in person and in a live performance of FIRST MONDAY IN OCTOBER with Henry Fonda. Was this at the Huntington Hartford Theater in February-March 1979?

EVA MARIE SAINT R.I.P.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for sharing your memories, Walter!

I haven't seen THAT CERTAIN FEELING yet. Look forward to it.

Yes, it was definitely at the Huntington Hartford, that timing sounds correct to me. I went with my parents when I was in high school.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Vienna said...

Very sad. One Hollywood player who managed to survive Hollywood and have a happy family life..
I’m going to rewatch 36 HOURS.

10:31 AM  
Blogger DKoren said...

Always enjoyed her performances.Sad to hear, but wow, 102!

1:35 PM  
Blogger CLM said...

I thought this Washington Post obituary was very enjoyable so wanted to share what should be a gift link: https://wapo.st/4zvCFup

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older