Sunday, August 26, 2007

Today at Disneyland: Club 33

Today my husband and I celebrated the 25th anniversary of our first date. That date took place at Disneyland, where we both worked at the time, and tonight we celebrated in style with a dinner at Disneyland's legendary "hidden" restaurant, Club 33.

We've been fortunate to eat at Club 33 on special occasions twice in the past; photos I took in the summer of 2006 can be seen here. Remarkably, our waiter tonight remembered us from our first visit in 2004!

These beautiful charger plates are on the table when you're seated. (Flash turned off to prevent reflection. Click to enlarge.)


We highly recommend the chateaubriand.

I took a photograph of the harpsichord from a different angle tonight, so that the artwork under the lid can be seen:


THE HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE phone booth from a new angle:


Club 33 is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. This plate was one of the items on display in a case of souvenir items for sale.


I chose a Club 33 40th Anniversary book bag to bring home. :)

It seems almost in the blink of an eye we went from being college students to college student parents. Funny how that happens!

6 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Very nice and congratulations! I was thinking of you yesterday and remembering you would be there. I've had the privilege of eating lunch there once :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Congrats on 25 years of first dates! Love the harpsichord.

11:49 AM  
Blogger The Ramblin' Rat said...

I am so envious of you being able to eat at Club 33! Even with my Disneyland connections I can't get in!

On another note, The Happiest Millionaire should be in my mail today from Netflix. I can't remember the last time I saw it.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you all for the congratulations and kind comments, I appreciate them!

It's an extra-special place, isn't it, Irene? We feel so fortunate to have been able to enjoy it.

Mrs. HH, legend has it that Paul McCartney once played that harpsichord. :)

Ramblin' Rat, hope you enjoy HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE. Fun that you're seeing it the same week I saw the phone booth! We Netflixed THE APPLE DUMPLING GANG for the small fry last weekend. Coming soon: BLACKBEARD'S GHOST.

TTYS!
Laura

2:37 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Laura,

Warmest congratulations on knowing love for 25 years.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Dana. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older