Thursday, June 04, 2009

New Book: Prairie Tale

Actress Melissa Gilbert has released a memoir, PRAIRIE TALE.

Most young girls growing up in the '70s, myself included, watched Gilbert every week on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

A few days ago I discussed some of her TV-movies, including 1979's THE MIRACLE WORKER, just released on DVD.

I read a brief magazine excerpt from the book today. Like far too many child actors, Gilbert seems to have had a fairly rough time of it over the years, but she appears to be happy today in a 14-year marriage to actor Bruce Boxleitner, with an upcoming tour scheduled of the musical LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE, in which she plays Ma Ingalls.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

For the last few years, she and her husband have been attending the Civil War Reenactment out in Moorepark (November). They actually stay there and dress the part and some of his buddy friends who are extra's come too. They are really nice and I have a photo of me with her somewhere. He was in the Civil War movie Gods and Generals hence his appearance.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's a fun story, Irene! Love that they even dress for it. Thanks for sharing that.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:31 AM  
Blogger jau said...

I saw the book in B&N yesterday but figured it must be someone else. Plastic surgery may keep you looking young but it also may completely change your face. I honestly can't see the Melissa Gilbert I remember in that face!!

She seems so nice and "real" otherwise. I may read it on your recommendation!
Best-
Anne

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older