Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baked Chicken With Onions, Potatoes, Garlic & Thyme

This is a super-simple "one pan" dinner from one of my favorite cooking magazines, Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.

It has a short prep time, which makes it perfect for a busy day when there's not much time available to spend in the kitchen. And it smells wonderful while it's cooking!


Click the title of this post for the recipe at the Everyday Food website.

The recipe calls for a 12 x 16 pan, but I've found that a bit too small, as I'm usually cooking for five or six people. Instead I use a rimmed baking sheet.

The roasted garlic is wonderful spread on toasted French bread.

A couple other bloggers made this recipe and took beautiful photos of the results.

4 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

That looks delicious! I'm just envisioning some nice crusty French bread smeared with roasted garlic. Mmmm...

7:35 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Maybe your regular food blogging is helping to inspire me to do more cooking posts, Raquelle! You have posted so many tempting recipes recently. I'm going to be adding Thoughtful Eating to my cooking blogroll. :)

This is a great recipe if you are tired after a day at work -- you can put it all together in just a few minutes.

Best wishes,
Laura

8:49 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

That looks wonderful!!!!

2:32 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Terri!

Best wishes
Laura

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older