Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Off to Lone Pine!

Thursday morning I'll be heading to the 31st Lone Pine Film Festival!


This will be the first film festival I've attended since the Lone Pine Festival two years ago. (Well, if I don't count the March 2020 Noir City Hollywood Film Festival which was abruptly ended midway through!)  Last year's Lone Pine festival, like so many others, was virtual.

Needless to say, I'm excited about returning to a film festival! I recently previewed some of the films and special guests for Classic Movie Hub. I also wrote about some of the festival's initial announcements here in July.

In addition to a number of films, I'm planning to take three location tours in the Alabama Hills this weekend.  The tours will be:

*BAR 20 (1943), a Hopalong Cassidy film directed by Lesley Selander, with Robert Mitchum in a supporting role

*THE CATTLE THIEF (1936) starring Ken Maynard and Ward Bond, directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet

*THE CISCO KID AND THE LADY (1939) starring Cesar Romero, Marjorie Weaver, and George Montgomery, directed by Herbert I. Leeds.

For "as it happens" festival information please check out my Twitter feed or search Twitter for the hashtag #LonePineFilmFestival. After the festival check back here for complete coverage!

For anyone new to the festival or my Lone Pine Film Fest coverage, please visit my posts on the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 festivals for more information.

I've prescheduled some posts to run over the next few days, so please check back for new content while I'm away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

I don't know if you have ever seen a Ken Maynard western before, Laura? I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Have a terrific time at Lone Pine, Laura. My envy knows no bounds!!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

The photo on my Windows login screen at work yesterday was from Lone Pine, and I thought of you. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I believe this was my first Ken Maynard Western, Jerry! How I wish you could join us in Lone Pine one year.

What a nice coincidence, Seth. It would likewise be wonderful if you could attend the festival one day.

Best wishes,
Laura

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older