Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Coming October 7th-10th, 2021: The 31st Lone Pine Film Festival

I'm happy to announce that the Lone Pine Film Festival will take place in person this fall!

The dates for the 31st festival are October 7th-10th. Additionally, there will be one locations tour available on Monday, October 11th.

We've purchased our festival tickets and tours, and I couldn't be more excited about returning this year. This will be my seventh time to attend the festival, and especially after the last year and a half or so, I can't wait to attend. I think the experience will mean more than ever before.

(As with everything these days, that's conditioned on the state not throwing a monkey wrench into the plans, such as a mandate for indoor masks this fall; that would be a no go for me as, among other things, it would be too uncomfortable to be enjoyable. We'll very much hope that doesn't happen!)

I'm especially excited that Claude Jarman Jr. will be present at screenings of RIO GRANDE (1950) and HANGMAN'S KNOT (1952). I'm really looking forward to meeting him and hearing his stories about these films along with his life and career.

Additional festival guests are scheduled to include William Wellman Jr., Wyatt McCrea, Cheryl Rogers Barnett, Jay Dee Witney, and Diamond Farnsworth. The guest list is on the festival website. More guests may be added closer in time to the festival.

Additional information on films and tours is also available at the website.

For those who are new to the festival, my coverage of previous recent festivals may be found at these links: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Each of these annual overview posts contains links to several additional posts covering that year's festival with lots of photos and information about the festival experience. Why not consider coming in 2021?

I'll have more coverage here closer in time to the festival.

September 2021 Update: I've written a much more detailed preview for my Classic Movie Hub Western RoundUp column which includes recent updates to the guest list.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caftan Woman said...

The online festival made me very happy last year. I know you will have a marvelous time and look forward to your reports.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the virtual festival! It will be interesting to see if there is any online component this year along with the "in person" festival.

Best wishes,
Laura

11:30 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Sounds wonderful as usual. And a thrill to see Claude Yarman Jr. I love “Hangman’s Knot”.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Really excited about that, Vienna!

Just wish more readers such as yourself had a way to get there and enjoy it too!

Best wishes,
Laura

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older